Los Angeles high school students, this media festival is for you!
TELL YOUR STORY!
CREATE YOUR OWN MEDIA!
MAKE YOUR OWN REPRESENTATIONS!
Who are you? What do you care about? What does “belonging” mean to you?
How do you define yourself…
…as a Californian
…as an Angeleno
…as a member of your local neighborhood?
Here are a few questions to think about in creating your media project:
- How are you defined by race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, class, religion, disability, age? Talk to us!
- How do you see yourself in mainstream media (films, television, music, newspapers, social media)? Are you reflected in ways that feel truthful to your experiences or not? Tell us!
- How do you celebrate your identity and culture? Show us!
There will be
…prizes (Dolla Dolla Bill$ Y’all!)
top prize: $1500
second prize: $1000
third prize: $500
…and screenings, too!
You’ll even learn new stuff in creative workshops & micro-seminars!
HERE’S THE DUE DATE:
Turn in your project by December 20, 2019. All submissions should be in one or more of the following formats (all submissions must be digital and uploaded via the link below):
- video (remix, narrative, documentary, animation, public service announcement)
- audio (soundscape, song, spoken word)
- photo collage/remix/slideshow
- Game or app
- story map
- hybrid form/experimental media forms
Some examples of media to inspire you