Los Angeles high school students, this media festival is for you!
CREATE YOUR OWN MEDIA!
TELL YOUR STORY!
REPRESENT YOURSELF AND YOUR COMMUNITY!
Who are you? What do you care about? What does “belonging” mean to you? How do you see yourself…
…as a Californian
…as an Angeleno
…as a member of your local neighborhood?
Here are a few ideas to think about in creating your media project:
- Tell us: how you see yourself in mainstream media (films, television, music, newspapers, social media)? Are you reflected in ways that feel truthful to your experiences or not?
- Talk to us: how you want to be seen. How do you want your identity (race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, class, religion, disability, age) to be portrayed?
- Show us: how you celebrate your identity and culture.
There will be
…prizes (Dolla Dolla Bill$ Y’all!)
top prize: $1000
second prize: $500
third prize: $250
…and screenings, too!
You’ll even learn new stuff in creative workshops & micro-seminars!
HERE’S THE DUE DATE:
Turn in your project by December 20, 2019. All submissions should be in one or more of the following DIGITAL formats (all submissions must be uploaded via the link below):
- video (remix, narrative, documentary, animation, public service announcement)
- audio (soundscape, song, spoken word)
- photo collage/remix/slideshow
- Game or app
- story map
- mashup any of the above to make your own media
Some examples of media to inspire you